TUD ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECTS
CEQA Initial Study/ Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Ditch Maintenance Activities Project
The Tuolumne Utilities District (TUD) has evaluated the potential environmental impacts associated with ongoing ditch maintenance activities system-wide. TUD intends that this master environmental document will address ongoing maintenance activities and their potential direct, indirect, and cumulative impacts to guide implementation of these recurring activities without the necessity for conducting and preparing a new environmental review and document for each activity. It is anticipated that this master environmental document will be updated approximately once every five years.
Aug 02, 2017
Sep 01, 2017
Phoenix Lake Preservation and Restoration Project
The main components of the Proposed Project include sediment removal and wetland enhancement, sediment reuse and disposal, and tributary improvements. Most of the sediment removed from the lake would be placed at the Cedar Ridge Apple Ranch and on the Summers property immediately north of the lake. Sediment would also be placed in strategic locations within the lake to improve water circulation and manage sedimentation. The Proposed Project would also involve sedimentation and flood protection improvements along lower Chicken Creek and construction of a crossing over Power Creek. Implementation of the Proposed Project would increase the water supply reliability and improve water quality for TUD’s largest water system, serving more than 10,000 people, as well as commercial and agricultural users.
Jul 21, 2017
Aug 21, 2017
Cuesta Heights Water Storage and Distribution Improvements Project
The proposed improvements are located in various locations around Columbia and Sonora in Tuolumne County, California. Improvements would be located on the following Assessor Parcel Numbers (APNs):
- 35-070-51 (Cuesta Heights Tank and supply and distribution mains)
- 35-070-35 (Cuesta Heights Pump Station and supply and distribution mains)
- 33-040-31, 35-010-73 (pipeline from Sawmill Flat Road to Pedro Y Tank)
- 33-381-20 (Gopher Tank), 34-330-21 (420K Tank and 420K Pump Station)
- 35-131-29 (Saratoga Tank and two pressure reducing stations)
- 34-330-21, 34-330-24, 34-370-15
- 34-330-17 (pipeline that connects the 126K Tank and the distribution system just below the 420K Tank) or within the right-of-way of Shaws Flat Road, Gibbs Drive and Redbud Drive.
Jun 30, 2017
Jul 31, 2017