In its 2019-2020 Tuolumne County Grand Jury Final Report entitled “Water Under the Bridge” (June 30, 2020), the Grand Jury investigated the Tuolumne Utilities District for the following citizen complaints:
- Potential conflicts of interests with individual members of the Board of Directors;
- Whether it is appropriate for the TUD to participate through membership in a private organization that is not subject to open public meeting laws or public transparency protocols;
- The overall financial health of the TUD; and
- The terms and condition of a recycled water use agreement that is difficult to interpret.
Significant efforts were made by TUD staff and elected officials to share information orally and in writing with the Grand Jury to address and/or respond to the citizen complaints in a forthright and transparent manner. Listed below are the documents related to TUD’s Response to the Grand Jury’s Report and the 2019-2020 Tuolumne County Grand Jury Final Report.
- TUD Summary on the Grand Jury Response
- TUD Letter Detailing Response to the Grand Jury
- 2019-2020 Tuolumne County Grand Jury Final Report